Thursday, October 20, 2011

Iphone 4s...is it as great as they made it sound like??

OK-I am no techie. So I couldn't tell you all the technical terms or anything like that but I can tell you how the IPhone 4s works for me. I previously had an IPhone 3GS.
Now, I did break my 3GS a couple of weeks before Mother's Day. I dropped my phone in the garage and the screen shattered. My husband told me to go get a new phone and because the HTC Inspire was pretty new and there was a promotion, I took it. Yeah-the big screen was cool but there is nothing compared to the IPhone so my mother in law offered to fix my IPhone if she could take my HTC. I did that. Well, the IPhone 4s pre-orders started on Oct. 7th, my birthday, so my wonderful husband told me to put my order in. I was so excited and kept checking to make sure I was in fact getting it on the 14th. Well, sure enough, my phone was coming on the 14th and I wrote about my excitement Read Here. The phone finally came in a little after 11am and I immediately opened it up. Of course, as with any phone, it needed to be activated. I could not get it activated for almost 6 hours and that included a 45 min. call to AT&T. WOW. But anyway-I got it up and running.

The IPhone 4s is PHENOMENAL! I could not even begin to tell you how much I love this phone. It's super fast due to the dual core processors. It's like an IPad 2 fit into an IPhone. I noticed that even downloading apps go much quicker than my 3GS.
Siri is super awesome and creepy at the same time. Asking her off the wall questions can sometimes give you really off the wall responses. But I did ask her if she would marry me (to see what she said), and she told me her user agreement didn't include marriage lol. Siri is really good for checking local resources and events or restaurants in the area as well as checking things online or seeing if you have a meeting or appointment scheduled. You can even talk to her and have her schedule a reminder for you and so forth and so on.
The talk to text is pretty good and reads your words better than other phones. I haven't really used this feature much though.
The camera is really nice. The pictures come out much more clear. The recording is nice as well since it records in 1080p. I love it, what can I say, but coming from the 3GS, it's to be expected!
Another thing I noticed is that the battery life for me is much better. The power on my 3GS would drain pretty quickly. I can actually get through the day without having to put the 4s on a charger.
And the last thing that I have to say that amazes me is that I seem to get better reception or 3G in areas that are remote and that I never had reception before. I like that! I don't know if that is normal but I noticed the difference.
So all in all, does Apple live up to the hype about the 4s? Why yes, yes they do and they did a wonderful job, so thank you Apple for mastering yet another phone. I will never own anything but, ever again!




No comments:

Post a Comment