Sunday, October 9, 2011

And the result is....

So on Wednesday night I put the Alva cloth diaper on my little boy. It took me forever, almost 30 mins. to get it right lol. I wasn't too sure and my little guy was becoming impatient with me. So with my first attempt, I put 3 mf (microfiber) inserts in. This is what the poor boy looked like lol....
But then I realized that this was too thick <sigh> so I went and took one insert out. Then it took me a good 5 mins. to get the diaper back on! Here he is...
Ok, much better. So I put him to bed wondered what I would wake up to in the morning.

So morning time came and because he had a swallow barium test, I couldn't feed him, so I let him sleep for as long as he would. When he did finally wake up, I took him out of his crib and brought him in my room to get him changed. This is him...
AND....

He was DRY!! I mean, he didn't leak out of his diaper and he had it pretty full! I then put a Pamper on him because we were going to the hospital for his test and I didn't want to risk him leaking...after all, I am new to all of this!

So after I got home, and later that night, I put another cloth diaper on him. In the morning, we had another leak free night!! This is my little guy, he was upset with me because he was ready to eat-not concerned about cloth diapers, diaper changes, or pictures for that matter lol.
So I was at 4 cloth diapers then. On Friday, which was my birthday, I received 2 more cloth diapers! Here they are!
So these have been washed as well and have been used. We have been cloth diapering all day yesterday and so far all day today. No leaks at all. I am very pleased :) Since I am awaiting 14 more, I am washing these dipes more frequently. I have a load in right now because I am down to 2 clean left.

The washing becomes a bit of a pain because I put it through 3 loads, all with extra rinses. It takes a while but I am ok with all of this lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment