Monday, October 24, 2011

Cymbalta...Hmmmmm....

So, I have Fibromyalgia and Myofacisal Pain Syndrome. I was diagnosed back in 2009 for Fibromyalgia and then in July this year for MPS. I know I have had this at least since 2001, if not before that. I have been taking many different types of meds that my insurance wants me to try first. So I tried Gabbapentin and a dozen other medications. Now I have tried Lyrica in the past and Lyrica has not worked for me. My doc just prescribed me the Cymbalta and I was able to pick it up on Friday, my insurance FINALLY approved it! I noticed a difference in my pain, it has subsided. I am very thankful for that. Rather than taking 4 muscle relaxers to compliment my other meds, I am now only taking 1-2 daily. My ultimate thing is that I need to be fully functional because I need to be able to care for my 3 children without any issues. This muscle relaxer that I am on is the last one before they will put me on Soma, and I am NOT wanting to go on that med because I know how it makes people. I do not want to be out of it.

Now one thing that I have noticed with the Cymbalta is that I don't really get tired, but I yawn and I yawn a lot and hard to where I shake and feel weak afterwards. I noticed that after day 2, it has subsided and isn't as bad.

I am just happy to have relief because I have been in tremendous amounts of pain.

Another good thing is that this is an anti-depressant which is also used for anxiety. I also have an anxiety disorder. Go figure, but all 3 of these issues go hand in hand. So I have been feeling pretty good the past couple of days and even noticed that I am not waking up dead tired. It's great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment